Thandai white chocolate bark
Ever wondered Diwali could be so silent and laid back like this year? Looking back, Diwali has always been fun, friends and laughter. But this time it’s all about social distance, dropping sweet boxes at friend’s place and virtual diwali hugs. This year, I have decided to make gift boxes for my friends and planning to drop it over the weekend. Hoping they feel the love, warmth and best wishes that we feel for them.
Check out my Diwali recipes here.
One of the sweets I have decided to add in the box is my favorite dessert of this year – Thandai inspired white chocolate bark. Basically the whole ingredients are sprinkled over the chocolate instead of adding powder Thandai spice mix.
Thandai is a milk based drink made on the occasion of Holi. The name ‘Thandai’ means cooler which helps cool/calm the body with all it’s ingredients. It has cashews, almonds, raisins and pistachios. Spices like cardamom, rose flavor, fennel seeds and poppy seeds. Overall, all the best ingredients are added in the thandai making it rich, flavorful and delicious.
What is Thandai inspired white chocolate bark?
The ingredients used in ]Thandai spice mix are added as whole to the melted chocolate to make crunchy-nutty chocolate bark. If you add this chocolate bark to milk, it turns into delicious milk chocolate Thandai with the goodness of white chocolate and flavors of Thandai. Or you could eat it just like that, in the form of chocolate bark. Either way, I assure you it is delicious!
To make Thandai white chocolate, you need..
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips of good quality. You can also use dark chocolate if you wish to.
- Melt this chocolate in the microwave for 2 mins in the bursts of 30 seconds.
- Alternately, you can melt chocolate by using double boiler. See note for details.
- Once the chocolate chips begin to melt, remove from heat and stir well.
- Line a baking sheet on a baking tray and spray some oil spray.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the tray. Make sure you make a thick layer.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp each of slivered almonds, pistachios, raisins, cashews over the chocolate. Sprinkle some fennel seeds, poppy seeds, dried rose petals and saffron strands.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 30 mins.
- After 30mins, remove the tray and let it sit for 5 mins.
- Take a knife and heat the blade on the stove for a minute.
- Hold the knife horizontal and above the tray and swiftly, in one go, give it a cut.
- Repeat to make smaller pieces. Make sure the knife is hot every time you cut.
Note: Boil a small pot of water on medium flame. Place a steel bowl with chocolate chips and gently stir to melt it. Make sure the water or steam does not mix with chocolate because that may ruin the melted white
Thandai white chocolate bark
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp almond pieces
- 1 tsp cashews
- 1 tsp raisins
- 1 tsp pistachios
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds toasted
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds toasted
- few strands of saffron
- 1/2 tsp dried rose petals
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 2 mins with 30 sec bursts.
- Or melt in a double boiler. Check notes for more details about double boiler.
- As the chocolate chips begin to melt, remove from heat and mix well to ensure lump free.
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet and spray cooking spray on it.
- Spread the melted white chocolate over the tray. The spread should be slightly thick.
- Sprinkle the mix of thandai over the melted chocolate and then freeze for 30mins.
- After 30 mins, remove from the freezer and let it sit for few minutes.
- Heat the blade of a long knife and cut the chocolate bark to desired shape.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE,
If you like this Thandai spiced white chocolate bark recipe, Rate it by clicking on the stars in the recipe card.
For more such recipes and inspirations Check out my Pinterest boards.
If you try any of my recipes, do share a picture with the hashtag #whenchaimetbiskit on Instagram or Facebook.. Would love to know what you guys have been cooking..
You can check out my other Diwali special recipes here: