Sweet potato tikkis
I usually observe fast on Mondays and have started exploring new recipes that are fast friendly. Explored few options but one of them stuck by and that is – Sweetpotato tikkis. I am a sucker for potatoes and everything starchy. Sweet potato is the perfect option to satisfy my cravings.
These are crisp, no grain tikkis and so really special for me. This recipes uses coconut flour but dry grated coconut also serves the purpose well. Along with coconut, there are peanuts, chilies and coriander. ( We eat coriander for fasts but if you don’t, please avoid it)
These are quick, easy and really different than the regular oily tikkis that happen every now and then. Pair it with perfect green chutney and your day is sorted.
Sweet potato and peanut tikkis
- 1 large sweet potato around 250gm
- 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts
- 2-3 chilies
- 1/4 cup of dry coconut/coconut flour/tapioca flour
- 4-5 mint leaves
- salt as per taste
- 2 tsp of cumin
- Preheat the oven at 375F.
- Boil the sweet potato for 15 mins in water.
- Once the potato is cooked let it cool and grate it.
- In a mixer jar, grind together peanuts, chilies, dry coconut, mint leaves and cumin.
- In a mixing bowl, add grated sweet potato and peanut -coconut paste and mix everything well. Add salt as per taste.
- Shape the mixture into small flat rounds and bake them for 20 mins. You can also air fry them in air fryer for 20 mins at 375F.
- After 10 mins into baking, turn over the tikkis and bake again.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
If you want to get that crisp crust, I would suggest you to shallow fry them in little oil
I hope you like this recipe and give this a try. If you try this recipe and liked it, do share a picture with the hashtag #whenchaimetbiskit on Instagram or Facebook. Would love to know what you guys have been cooking.