Spiked Hot chocolate
The season of hot chocolate is here. We love to end our chilly days with a cupful of hot chocolate.
Recently we discovered Bailey’s irish cream liquor and I have been trying to use it in every dessert possible. I recently tried the Bailey’s irish cream with hot chocolate. Gosh! Take it from me, you are gonna love this!
Making Spiked Hot chocolate..
Now, you would say, Jui do you really need to tell me how to make hot chocolate?
Well, yes, my way of making hot chocolate is slightly different. Usually the recipe goes where you mix milk and chocolate chips and melt it over the gas stove.
On the contrary, I boil milk separately until it becomes slightly thick. The thickness that you usually see when making kheer. And then add chocolate chips. This way, the texture of the milk thickens and brings out creamy taste.
To make it extra fancy, you can add a hint of Bailey’s Irish cream to it before serving. The Bailey’s Irish cream has nutty, creamy flavor that is rich and buttery. The toffee notes and malt-like hint of taste makes it perfect to pair with hot chocolate.
Spiked Hot chocolate
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Bailey's Irish cream
- 1 tbsp marshmallows
- Heat 1 cup full fat milk in a deep pan on medium flame.
- Once the milk heats (around 2 mins later), reduce the flame to low and let it simmer.
- Keep stirring to ensure the milk doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Simmer until the milk gets thicker consistency.
- Now add 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips to the milk.
- Stir the milk in order to dissolve the chocolate chips.
- Keep stirring until chocolate chips melt in to the milk.
- If you want, you could add 1 tbsp sugar for sweetness.
- Bring it to a boil and then transfer it to a cup and serve. Now add 1 tsp Bailey's irish cream
- Add marshmallows to garnish and drink. 🙂
I am Jui. If you love tea, vegetarian food and lots of giggles, we probably work on the same wavelength. I mostly re-create long lost Maharashtrian traditional recipes and also develop recipes that are vegan and vegetarian.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE,
If you like this recipe, Rate it by clicking on the stars in the recipe card.
For more such recipes and inspirations Check out my Pinterest boards.
If you try any of my recipes, do share a picture with the hashtag #whenchaimetbiskit on Instagram or Facebook.. Would love to know what you guys have been cooking..
Recipes you might like