Shengdanyachi chutney| garlic and peanut chutney
Coming from a very typical marathi household, I have spent most of the days eating dry chutneys in particular. I remember my Ajji had group of friends who would always bring different chutneys home on their visit. And then another one would be made to return the box that came bearing chutney gifts. Most of the times, it would either be pickle or this Shengdanyachi chutney that went into the box. I love this chutney. You know that feeling when you come home hungry and you find your favorite food. The joy you feel, yes, I feel that joy every time I see this chutney. The pungent garlicky taste and the color because of the red chilies is really hypnotic I tell you.
- 1 cups of peanut (250 gm)
- 6-8 chilies ( I have used byadgi which is less spicy but suggest you to use spicy ones if you have high heat threshold)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1-1.5 tsp of salt
- Dry roast peanuts until evenly browned in a pan on a medium flame.
- Once the peanuts cool, remove the skin and transfer it to the grinder jar.
- Add red chilies,garlic,salt and cumin to the grinder jar along with salt as per taste.
- Grind the mix to a smooth powder. It is okay if there are few small pieces of peanuts, they bring out texture.
- Store in airtight container
This is one easy recipe that has all the goodness and the taste you would love instantly.