Shengdana chutney – Peanut chutney
Shengdana chutney is healthy and easy chutney to make. This chutney is mostly used with Wada pav. You can pair this chutney with other items like Poha and Upma.
How to make?
This chutney is 3 ingredient excluding salt and sugar and very quick.
The peanuts are dry roasted until slightly brown. Let these peanuts cool down. Then de-skin the peanuts by rolling them in a colander.
Add these peanuts along with fresh garlic and dried chilies. I have used a combination of dry chilies and chili powder because I am using Byadgi Mirchi type of dried chilies which give color but not heat. Whereas, the chili powder that I use is Lavangi Mirchi which is super hot but without color.
You can either choose the one which has color or the one which has taste or both of them. I have used a combination of both.
Shengdana chutney - Peanut chutney
- 1 cup peanuts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of Lavangi mirchi chili powder
- 2 tbsp of Byadgi mirchi powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Roast the peanuts until golden brown.
- Once roasted, let it cool down and then remove the peel.
- In a grinder, add garlic, peanuts, chili powder and grind coarse.
- Add salt as per taste and give it another round in the grinder.
- Store this chutney in airtight container.
You can store this chutney in air tight container up to 3 weeks.
If you try this recipe
I hope you like this recipe and give this a try. If you try this recipe and liked it, do share a picture with the hashtag #whenchaimetbiskit on Instagram or Facebook. Would love to know what you guys have been cooking.