Quinoa Cabbage Pulao
Quinoa has been a quintessential ingredient in our pantry and I love exploring new ways to incorporate it in the diet.
I am sure by now you know how healthy and nutritious quinoa is!
However, if you have noticed, eating plain Quinoa turns boring and so monotonous after a while. I have had days when I wonder what should I pair Quinoa with for my meals. So this time around, I decided to make use of the fresh cabbage I had at hand.
I chopped the cabbage fine and cooked it along with quinoa and flavored with very subtle spices. The taste was elevated and I loved how I ended up eating my share of fiber without fretting over it.
This recipe is best when you are in a hurry but yet want to have a good meal. Just dump everything in a pot and let it cook for 10 mins. You are definitely going to love it.
To make Quinoa Cabbage Pulao :
I have used organic Quinoa for this recipe which was washed and soaked in water for 5 mins. Until then, I chopped the cabbage finely. You can also use a peeler to shred the cabbage fast.
Quinoa Cabbage Pulao
- 1 cup of chopped cabbage 100 gms
- 1 cup of quinoa 185 gms
- 1 up of water
- 1/4 cup peas 50 gms
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of Kitchen King masala/ garam masala
- salt as per taste
- Soak 1 cup of Quinoa in water for 5 mins.
- Finely chop the cabbage. You can also use the peeler to shred the cabbage.
- Heat oil in medium sized pan on a low flame.
- Once the oil heats, add cumin seeds and finely chopped garlic.
- Saute the garlic until it turns golden brown.
- Add turmeric and immediately add cabbage, saute it for 2 mins or until half cooked.
- Add green peas to the pan.
- Drain the water and add quinoa to the pan. Add Kitchen king masala/ Garam masala, salt and mix everything together.
- Add water to this mix and cover it with a lid to cook for 10 mins.
- If you feel the quinoa looks under cooked, add 2 tbsp of water. Or if quinoa looks soggy, remove the lid and cook for 5 mins, until the water evaporates.
I hope you like this recipe and give this a try. If you try this recipe and liked it, do share a picture with the hashtag #whenchaimetbiskit on Instagram or Facebook. Would love to know what you guys have been cooking.