Quinoa breakfast porridge
Yes! You heard it right. Leave behind the boring oat porridge and embrace this new super-food porridge. Quinoa porridge is protein packed that suits a lot to the vegan crowd and works best for weight watchers when consumed in a restricted diet.
Quinoa breakfast porridge:
Quinoa breakfast is easy to make and healthy super-food. For people engaging in high intensity work-out or vegetarian or vegan diet, this porridge suits well.
Quinoa is low GI so it’s more slowly digested, absorbed and metabolized and cause a lower and slower rise in blood glucose and, therefore usually, insulin levels. It is both protein packed and rich source of iron.
Although Quinoa is perfect source of protein for vegetarian and vegan, Quinoa has equal amount of carbohydrates. So if you are looking for low carb diet, this is not the one you would want to have.
How to make:
You can make Quinoa porridge just like oats porridge. The difference is that it takes a little more time than oatmeal.
The quinoa needs to be boiled in water until cooked and then mixed with milk of your choice.
This porridge can be topped with fruits of your choice and seeds of choice. I have added Rhubarb compote to this porridge for flavoring.
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of honey
- fruits of choice
- In a saucepan, boil water on a medium flame.
- Meanwhile, wash and soak quinoa for 5 mins.
- Add soaked quinoa into the pan and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Check to see if the quinoa is cooked, if not, cook for 5 more mins.
- If the quinoa is cooked, add milk of your choice and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add chia seeds and fruits of your choice.
- I have added rhubarb compote to the porridge for flavoring.
- Serve warm
IF YOU TRY..
I hope you like this recipe and give this a try. If you try this recipe and liked it, do share a picture with the hashtag #whenchaimetbiskit on Instagram or Facebook. Would love to know what you guys have been cooking.