Lavender blueberry rice pudding
Lavender has been an alien thing for me until we moved to the States. I knew just the smell of it because we got lavender scented soaps and talcum powder back then. So the moment I came to know about the Lavender Farm near me, I wanted to visit it asap.
But by the time I could get a chance to go, the season had almost come to an end. We still managed to see beautiful lavender bushes and I picked a bunch of dry lavender sprigs. We had so much fun and I loved the entire experience. Seee..
And I made kheer using that lavender..
I happily came home with a bunch of edible lavender and few lavender goodies for friends. The last week has been full of exploring recipes involving lavender and I found ton of them. I settled on taking the easy way, made rice pudding/ kheer for the summer evenings and gosh! The kheer never tasted so good before. Sweet tones with loads of minty , floral taste made the best combo. And I thought, why not share it with you guys too.
- 1 cup of rice (200gm)
- 3 cup of sugar(200gm)
- 2 cups of coconut milk (500ml)
- 1 cup blueberry (200gm)
- 1 tbsp of lavender buds
- 4 cup water
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- In a saucepan, add water, blueberries and lavender buds.
- Cook this on medium for 5 mins, then add 1 cup sugar. Let the blueberries cook and thicken.
- Once thick, turn off the flame and let it cool. The compote is ready.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in 2 cups of water. Add more water if needed. The rice should be runny and fully cooked.
- Once the rice looks cooked, add milk and sugar to it.
- Stir until the mixture comes together.
- Adjust the sweetness and pour in some milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Add cardamom powder or 2 cardamom pods.
- Let the pudding/kheer cool down.
- Once both are cooled down, serve in bowls and then add blueberry lavender compote.
You can also add coconut flour to thicken the pudding/kheer
I also made fancy looking popsicles from the leftover pudding/kheer and I have no words to tell you how yummy the dish turned out. The best popsicles ever!