Dark chocolate dipped Dates stuffed with Rose flavored coconut flakes
I’m lazy that way you know, when it comes to making sweets. I don’t have a sweet tooth, so that explains it all..
Diwali in a home away from home..
It’s almost second diwali away from home and I am missing all the fun- Making all kinds of snacks and sweets for Diwali. The snack boxes exchanged between the families and trying out everyone’s faraal was my favourite दिवाली passtime. Not to forget, I did put on some pounds here and there.. You get me right?
So this Diwali, I got my brain working to make something that isn’t much of an effort and also makes my snack box a little interesting. Racked my brain all this while and finally settled for this amazing chocolate dipped Dates. Haha, the story doesn’t end here. I have got a little surprise in there.
Yes, I have stuffed these dates with rose flavoured dried coconut. Isn’t it interesting?
I tried to balance out my Diwali sweets with a hint of health. And yes, without getting overworked.
This is specially dedicated to all my friends away from their home who will be celebrating this festival.
The recipe is very easy, without any fancy resources and tools. I got store bought desiccated coconut and know as dried coconut flakes. These flakes are mixed with rose syrup. I have used the Rooh-afza rose flavoured syrup for it.
The dates used in particular are the pitted mejdool dates. They are stuffed with plain coconut flakes and rose flavored coconut flakes. The unsweetened version of the coconut flakes are used for stuffing. The sweetness of the dates and that of the chocolate are enough to make it taste like a dessert, although you can sweeten the coconut flakes too as per your sweetness quotient.
Dunk these stuffed dates into melted Dark chocolate. I have used Nestle Toll house- semi sweet chocolate morsels. And you can also make variations using white chocolate and butterscotch.
Serve these Dark chocolate stuffed Dates this Diwali and you are sure to be the Best Party Pleaser!
Garnish these Dark chocolate dipped Dates with chopped Pistachios and toasted Sesame seeds.
Dark chocolate dipped datesJui Kulkarni
- 8-10 pitted mejdool dates
- 1/2 cup of desicated coconut unsweetened
- 2 tsp of rose water/ rose syrup
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp of milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the desiccated coconut and rose syrup. Mix everything together properly.
- Place the pitted dates on to a plate and stuff these dates with the flavoured coconut.
- Melt the chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave. If you are using double boiler, whisk the chocolate continously for 2 mins, once it melts turn off the flame.
- Dip the stuffed dates into the melted chocolate and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze these stuffed dates for an hour in the freezer. Transfer these chocolate dipped stuffed dates into an airtight container and refrigerate.