Dark chocolate dipped Dates stuffed with Rose flavored coconut flakes
I’m lazy that way you know, when it comes to making sweets. I don’t have a sweet tooth, so that explains it all..
Diwali in a home away from home..It’s almost second diwali away from home and I am missing all the fun- Making all kinds of snacks and sweets for Diwali. The snack boxes exchanged between the families and trying out everyone’s faraal was my favourite दिवाली passtime. Not to forget, I did put on some pounds here and there.. You get me right? So this Diwali, I got my brain working to make something that isn’t much of an effort and also makes my snack box a little interesting. Racked my brain all this while and finally settled for this amazing chocolate dipped Dates. Haha, the story doesn’t end here. I have got a little surprise in there. Yes, I have stuffed these dates with rose flavoured dried coconut. Isn’t it interesting? I tried to balance out my Diwali sweets with a hint of health. And yes, without getting overworked. This is specially dedicated to all my friends away from their home who will be celebrating this festival. Dunk these stuffed dates into melted Dark chocolate. I have used Nestle Toll house- semi sweet chocolate morsels. And you can also make variations using white chocolate and butterscotch. Serve these Dark chocolate stuffed Dates this Diwali and you are sure to be the Best Party Pleaser! Garnish these Dark chocolate dipped Dates with chopped Pistachios and toasted Sesame seeds.
Dark chocolate dipped dates
Dates are the new favourite sweet and what can be better than having a healthy dessert when it's time to celebrate an important festival. I have got you something interesting than the regular sweets and more healthy-ish! And it definitely doesn't need to you to spend precious time. Quick, easy and definitely a cloud pleaser.
Author: Jui Kulkarni
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8-10 pitted mejdool dates
- ½ cup of desicated coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp of rose water/ rose syrup
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp of milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the desiccated coconut and rose syrup. Mix everything together properly.
- Place the pitted dates on to a plate and stuff these dates with the flavoured coconut.
- Melt the chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave. If you are using double boiler, whisk the chocolate continously for 2 mins, once it melts turn off the flame.
- Dip the stuffed dates into the melted chocolate and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze these stuffed dates for an hour in the freezer. Transfer these chocolate dipped stuffed dates into an airtight container and refrigerate.
You can garnish the chocolate dipped dates with sesame seeds and chopped pistachios when the chocolate is semi solid.