Cajun Cauliflower salad
We recently discovered the Cajun seasoning and have been trying it in every other thing. Our latest obsession is Cajun spiced Cauliflower salad. I have been making it for last few months and it feels like I am hooked.
The Cauliflower florets come out crispy and the Cajun seasoning makes this subtle tasting veggie so much flavorful.
The Cajun seasoning has been life changing. it tastes so much better with eggs and potatoes. You should definitely try my Cajun Potatoes recipe too.
How I make this salad..
You know it that making a salad is not rocket science. Just add veggies of your choice/ maybe those available.
- I usually have lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and onions stocked up in my fridge. Those are my favorites when it comes to making salads. You could add veggies of your choice in that matter.
- Chop these veggies to desired shape and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Soak the cauliflower florets in warm water for 10 mins.
- Then heat the oven to 375 F.
- Drain the water from the florets and transfer them to a baking tray.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning mix to these florets and mix well.
- You can buy Cajun seasoning here.
- Make sure the florets are covered with seasoning completely.
- The Cajun spice mix usually has salt in it already so do not add salt.
- Bake the cauliflower florets for 15 mins.
- Toss the cauliflower florets midway to make sure they are done from all sides.
- After 15 mins of cooking, remove the tray and transfer it to the mixing bowl with other veggies.
Making salad dressing:
I love how a simple salad is elevated with a good salad dressing.
I don’t buy premade dressings because they are loaded with salt and unnecessary ingredients. So I make my own.
Simple dressings made with fresh ingredients taste so much better than the store bought ones.
A humble salad dressing that I like and goes well with this particular salad is –
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt as per taste
Mix everything well and transfer it to a dressing bowl.
This particular Cajun seasoning has salt in it. The roasted cauliflower already has salt in it. So I would like to suggest you to add/adjust your salt only after mixing the salad well.
- If you can’t find Cajun seasoning near you, checkout my recipe to make Cajun seasoning at home here.
- Instead of baking, you can stir fry the cauliflower florets with olive oil and Cajun seasoning on medium flame for 10 mins too.
Cajun roasted cauliflower salad
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1/2 medium Apple sliced
- 1 English cucumber sliced/diced
- 4 cups Lettuce finely chopped
- 1 medium Carrot spiralized or grated
- 1 cup onion vertically sliced
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For salad dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp pepper freshly pounded
- 1 tsp italian spice mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Take the cauliflower florets and soak it in warm water for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop all the veggies/fruits mentioned above for the salad.
- Transfer these chopped ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Drain the cauliflower florets and pat dry on a paper towel.
- Line a tray with baking sheet and spray it with cooking spray.
- Transfer the florets to the tray and add Cajun spice mix along with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Mix everything well until the florets are evenly coated.
- Bake the cauliflower florets for 15 mins. Toss it midway at around 8 mins for even roasting.
- Once done, remove the cauliflower florets and let it cool.
- Transfer to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Mix the dressing ingredients mentioned in the 'Dressing ingredients' together in a separate mixing bowl. The dressing should be added just before eating so that the salad stays fresh and doesn't turn soggy.
I am Jui. If you love tea, vegetarian food and lots of giggles, we probably work on the same wavelength. I mostly re-create long lost Maharashtrian traditional recipes and also develop recipes that are vegan and vegetarian.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE,
If you like this Cajun roasted cauliflower salad recipe, Rate it by clicking on the stars in the recipe card.
For more such recipes and inspirations Check out my Pinterest boards.
If you try any of my recipes, do share a picture with the hashtag #whenchaimetbiskit on Instagram or Facebook.. Would love to know what you guys have been cooking.
© 2020 All Rights Reserved
Recipes you might like